Another great TED Talk. Descriptive and prescriptive. Really funny too.
Here are his five tips at the end on how to create lasting positive change:
- 3 gratitudes – for 21 days, start to scan first for positive things in your world
- journaling – about one positive in past 24 hours lets brain relive it
- exercise – body learns that actions has consequences. behavior matters.
- meditation – helps brain get over the cultural ADHD, allow brain to focus at a single task.
- Random Acts of Kindness – conscious acts of kindness, one positive email to someone in your social support network/circle
Want to start implementing these into your daily life? Here is a free app, I Journal, to help you with that.
Here is an article Positive Intelligence he wrote featured in the Harvard Business Review earlier this year (January/February 2012 issues)